Naturism, the practice of social nudity when circumstances and weather permit, has been around for many years. But theses days more and more people are seeking ways of de-stressing and gaining a sense of calm; the Naturist environment ticks all the boxes.
Any naturist will tell you that to be truly in touch with nature, to feel the air, the sun and the water on bare skin, is one of the most life affirming and amazing experiences one can have. In fact, once you have swum without a costume, you will never go back – we believe they are pointless.
When we shed our clothes, we also shed the constraints of social status, that by which we are often judged. Naturists make no such judgements and simply get to know the true person within.
Then of course there are the positive benefits for body image. How many people go through their lives tortured by insecurity and about perceived ‘faults’ with their bodies, suffering low self esteem as a result? Our blemishes, scars and ‘imperfections’ are not unique, we all have them. Naturism helps us to understand this and also to realise that the human body is to be celebrated for its rich diversity, not be ashamed.
Naturism is a non-sexual environment, there is nothing lewd or inappropriate going on (this would be completely unacceptable the same as it would be in a clothed situation), and as such it is great for the whole family. Naturist children grow up with a greater awareness of the human body and hopefully with fewer body hang-ups in later life.
So what exactly do we do at Vassaliki Naturist Club? Quite simply what everyone does in a social/holiday situation, except that when the circumstances permit we prefer not to wear clothes. When some would normally wear a swim suit, we prefer not to, simple as that.
At Vassaliki we have an outdoor swimming pool and hot tub. Our on site masseuse offers a full range of wellness and beauty treatments. We enjoy meals and drinks at the resort bar and participate in social conversation.
To what extent must you be nude? We say ‘if it’s hot take them off, if it’s cold put something on’. Some love the fact they could be nude 24/7 at the resort whilst others will choose to just swim and sunbathe naked and enjoying dressing in the evenings or donning sarongs / kaftans. We value having the freedom of choice to be a naturist, freedom of choice dictates that you enjoy naturism as you want to.
Perhaps the biggest benefit though is the tremendous sense of calm, relaxation and well being that being a naturist brings, particularly among such friendly, like-minded people. Each year at Vassaliki we welcome many newcomers and see them reap the calming benefits of naturism. While we know that first time nerves are not unusual, please don’t let that put you off. Make the change today and discover naturism for yourself.
To make sure everyone at Vassaliki enjoys their stay with us, we have a small number of rules that we ask all guests to agree to. These are standard INF (International Naturist Federation) rules and will not detract in any way to your enjoyment at our resort.
Naturist Rules at Vassaliki Naturist Club
- You should expect to see people nude within the whole of the complex and accept this as normal, weather permitting
- Photography and video is prohibited in all public areas if it involves others without their express permission
- Adults in charge of children are responsible for their behaviour at all times
- No improper conduct, offensive or unacceptable sexual behaviour will be allowed
- We request that large genital jewellery is removed or replaced by a smaller discreet alternative
- Single travellers are permitted at the resort but not in large groups, please email or telephone to discuss your booking
- All single naturists will be required to be a member of the INF or their national naturist group
- Whilst on any of our excursions or sailing weeks all guests must adhere to the club rule and regulations